Exploring Social Issues Through Literature

VOICES, VOICES, VOICES, VOICES, VOICES, VOICES, VOICES, VOICES


I have come to believe over and over again that what is most
important
to
me must be spoken, made verbal & shared, even at
the risk of
having it
bruised or misunderstood. That the speaking
profits me. . . . My
silences had
not protected me. Your silence will
not protect you.
What are the words you do not yet
have? What do you need to say?
I am myself — a Black woman warrior poet doing my
work — come
to ask you, are you doing yours?

------- Audre Lorde


LEAVE IT TO US

FOR BETTER TIME MANAGEMENT, FOR OPTIMAL PRODUCTIVITY: OUTSOURCE YOUR LITERARY PROJECTS TO K. C. AND ASSOCIATES

YOU DESERVE TIME TO SHINE!

CALL US NOW: 718-682-4142

Friday, August 14

What do You Think About The Proletariat?

Recently, I received an email from a reader that saddened me immensely. The reader stated that The Proletariat didn't publish anything that interested her and that the font was too small and the stories too long. Although I was happy to receive this reader's opinion, I became upset when I learned that she hadn't published her feelings on the site and replied back to her informing her that I wished that she had. It is so important to use our voices so that it may be shared with everyone who may benefit from it. Perhaps her commentary may have helped not only The Proletariat but other bloggers as well. So, I welcome you all to share all that you have to say on the blog itself because the blog is the forum in which we all can be heard. Thank You Reader and I hope that you will return to criticize us some more--we welcome YOU! YOU TOO ARE THE PROLETARIAT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I happen to enjoy the articles a lot. But if I had to make one criticism Of have to say that some of the writings are too scholarly too academic like. This will certainly limit the audiences TFTP hopes to capture. Thanks

T. Seth said...

Why not push ourselves to read and critique scholarly works of literature? It is through these methods that we never pedagogical. Beings ourselves!!

Rock on FTP!!! Rock On

About the Creator

My photo
CROWN HEIGHTS BROOKLYN, New York, United States
I am a forty-six year-old African-American writer passionate about exploring social issues through literature. It is through literature that I have experienced the pains, learned of the traditions and come to respect the rituals of many cultures different from my own. These valued moments of elucidation have increased my desire to be in service of those who may benefit from my efforts. This, my friends, is a step closer to bliss
Powered By Blogger